We're on the lookout for an experienced and talented Web Developer to join our growing development team in Brackmills. The team is responsible for maintaining and developing our applications and ensuring the product is the best that it can be!
The right candidate will need at least a few years experience as a Web Developer. You’ll also need to be an energetic person with enthusiasm, a good sense of humour and a drive that can help push James and James towards our global aspirations.
If this is you:
- Background in development, with experience working on projects as part of a team
- Interest in working with a rapidly growing, tech-focussed business
- 3+ years commercial web development experience
- Experienced in PHP
- Experience of MVC frameworks (ideally Symfony and Laravel)
- Capabilities in HTML, CSS
- Understanding of API use (HTTP, REST)
- Knowledge of Git or other DVCS
- Ambitious, driven and unstoppable
- Team player
- Attention to detail
Then ‘Apply’ right now!
Our clients love us, our people love us, our competitors envy us.
We’re exceptional. We have taken an old fashioned industry and thrust it into the modern digital world. We’re growing each year and our innovative fulfilment technology service operates on three continents and counting.
If you’re exceptional too, tell us.
As a Developer you'll be reporting to the Head of Engineering and working as part of the team developing our applications.
Day to day you will:
- Solve interesting and varied real world and technical problems
- Take projects through their full development life cycle. This means working on stories, engineering cool stuff, writing robust code, testing, reviewing and deploying
- Share your ideas: clear, concise communication - both written and spoken - from big, abstract concepts down to tiny implementation details
This position comes with a competitive salary along with all the other benefits of working for a people-driven work environment.
If you are exceptional and have the skills to boot, please apply with your CV and covering letter - keep it concise, please.
Due to the volume of applicants, it's not always possible to respond to every candidate. If you do not hear back from us within 7 days, then you have not been successful in your application.